Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day Outing

Today I asked to be taken to the zoo for Mother's Day. I know it sounds a little weird, but I love watching little eyes light up when they see animals, and Frances obliged. Of course, she didn't want to walk OR ride in the stroller, so Desse ended up carrying her all over the zoo. Whew! Poor kiddo. Thanks Desse!!!

Mostly this will be a "pictures" blog.


Mr Creepy Gorilla - the first animal we saw today



Frances riding on Desse's shoulders looking at Mr. Creepy Gorilla



Desse showing Frances some birds



Frances was not certain about riding on the chimps shoulders


Chimp!


Frankie and Marguerite outside the chimp cage - he just would NOT leave the hat on his head


duck! (No, I didn't see the sign that said what kind)



I love flamingoes (real ones anyway lol) and I couldn't resist this "train" of them



Frances and Desse riding a turtle (tortoise?)



The giraffe sees his shadow!

After the zoo, we went to eat lunch at the Flying Saucer. There the kiddos gave me three little carved stone frogs (one lapis, one brown & tan stone, one green soapstone). Frances handed me the lapis one, Desse gave me the little brown one and Rob gave Marguerite the green one -- which she promptly tried to eat! lol

Afterwards, I came home and took a much needed nap. I know, I'm getting old! That's what happens to pregnant women with three little ones under two.

On another note, I talked to Steven last night and told him I was pregnant. It's hard to get in touch with him when he lives in Houston. He was quite shocked, but in good spirits. Nothing like finding out your Mom is pregnant again I guess. lol He was the last of the kids that I needed to tell.

No comments: